Lionel Messi To Receive 'Shock Request' From Barcelona President Only Weeks After Denying His Release
Lionel Messi will incredibly be approached to acknowledge a compensation cut by Barcelona president Josep Bartomeu, as per staggering reports.
The 33-year-old Barcelona commander was intensely connected with Manchester City in the late spring in the wake of requesting his delivery from the Spanish club.
In any case, Messi, who is out of agreement the following summer, made a stun U-turn not long ago as he wouldn't indict Barcelona over the debate encompassing his £623m discharge provision.
Spanish TV channel Cuatro now reports that Bartomeu will demand the Argentine whiz take a pay cut just a brief time subsequent to denying his exit from the Camp Nou.
As indicated by reports, Messi gains around £988,000 per week in compensation from his present arrangement with Barcelona.
What's more, those profit don't tally the measure of cash that the six-time Ballon d'Or victor gets through rewards and picture rights.
Cuatro claims that Barcelona need to bring Messi's wages down because of the effect of the Covid pandemic on club funds.
Messi's relationship with Bartomeu has cracked since last season and the Argentina commander even impacted the Barca president for not remaining consistent with his promise.
"I thought and was certain that I was allowed to leave, the president consistently said that toward the finish of the period I could choose if I stayed or not," he revealed to Goal not long ago.
"Presently they stick to the way that I didn't state it before June 10, when incidentally, on June 10 we were seeking La Liga in this horrendous Covid and this sickness changed all the season.
"Also, this is the motivation behind why I am going to proceed in the club. Presently I am going to proceed in the club on the grounds that the president revealed to me that the best way to leave was to pay the €700 million (£624m/$823m) condition, and this is unthinkable."
Messi has since gotten back to preparing and included in his side's 3-1 triumph over Spanish club Gimnastic toward the end of the week.

Post a Comment